Cooking Time: 15-18minutes
Suitable from 12months and older
2 cups wholegrain rolled oats (for coeliacs replace with rice flakes)
1 cup desiccated long thread coconut
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of himalayan salt
50g of Whittaker's dark Ghana chocolate pieces
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried goji berries
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (or chopped almonds if nuts are allowed)
100g soft dried apricots
100g dried dates (or raisins)
Juice and pulp of 2 oranges
75g butter, melted
3 Tablespoons of chia seeds
9 Tablespoons of water
* Preheat the oven to 180deg.C.
* Grease a 20 x 30cm baking dish with butter. Or use a baking tray lined with baking paper.
* In a small bowl place the chia seeds and water to soak, stirring them so they don't clump together, set aside so they go all sticky.
* Blend rolled oats in a food processor for about 10-15seconds.
* In a large bowl place all of INGREDIENTS A and mix together.
* In a food processor or blender place all of INGREDIENTS B and blend them for 30-60seconds until you have a smooth paste like substance.
* Now add your blended INGREDIENTS B into the large bowl with all of INGREDIENTS A and mix well.
* Then place your wet muesli looking mixture onto your baking dish or tray pressing it into a loaf type shape, then firmly press the mixture flat so it's about 1-1.5cm thick.
* Bake for 15-18mins until golden on top and firm to touch.
* Once cooked set aside to cool, then cut into slices and store in an airtight container.
This Power Packed Muesli Slice is great for lunch box snacks, as a breakfast bar and great to have in your handbag when you need an energy boost to ward off that brain fog!