Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Torte
To make the Dark Chocolate Torte you will need:
250grams or one large block of dark chocolate
250grams or half a block of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 free range organic eggs
2 cups of almond meal (ground almonds)
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1. Break up the chocolate block and cut up the butter into big cubes.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate on a low heat in a large saucepan. By using a large saucepan you won't need to use a mixing bowl later.
3. Once melted, turn off the heat and mix one cup of sugar and the vanilla extract into the pot and stir.
4. Separate the egg whites into a small bowl and add the egg yolks to the chocolate mix and stir.
5. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
6. Beat in 2 Tablespoons of sugar into egg white mix.
7. Add 2 cups of Almond meal into the chocolate mix and stir well.
8. Fold egg whites into the chocolate mix until well combined.
9. Place mixture into a greased 20cm baking dish.
10. Baking time depends on your oven. The standard cook time calls for 180degC for about 40minutes - at this temperature I would check it after 20-25mins. In my oven I cook my torte for 25mins at 120DegC for yummy perfection every time :-)
Serve with natural yoghurt or whipped cream and strawberries.