Sunday morning has always been a time to breakout the maple syrup in our house! And now with yummy ingredients like shredded coconut and berries to add to make things a little more paleo, plus the bacon - sorry my vegan friends, the reasons to indulge just keep stacking up!
Like most of you I've tried all sorts of different recipes on the hunt for the perfect pancake texture and taste. And after many trial and errors (that my chickens were grateful for!!), I think I've finally come up with my tasty version of extremely filling and scrumptiously satisfying pancake paradise!! For me recipes are never set in stone and are to be experimented with, and to be honest a lot of what goes into the cooking bowl is what's on hand of left over in the pantry. So no hard and fast rules here, apart from the end result has to be easy on the eye and bloody tasty! So here's my "secret" mix for you to try and see for yourself. As always feedback - in the name of sharing the love of food - is warmly welcomed :-)
|Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 pancakes
2 bananas, ripe
3 eggs, free-range, organic
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond nuts
1/4 cup coconut, shredded
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminium free)
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
pinch of sea salt
100% Canadian Maple Syrup & Butter
1 cup of warm berries with coconut yoghurt
Bacon, organic, free-range
1. Mash the bananas with a fork on a plate then place in a bowl with eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
2. Put all the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is fine with no lumps.
3. Mix the dry stuff with the wet stuff until you have a firm, thick mixture that is not too runny.
4. In a heated pan use some coconut oil to brush the pan's surface.
5. Pour in the batter to create a 4-5cm round circle for each pancake. In my pan I can cook 4 pancakes at once. It's always good to cook one pancake first to get a feel of how long it will take to cook so that it's not under cooked in the middle.
6. Cook pancakes until bubbles start to appear in the batter and then flip your pancakes over and cook until firm to touch.
Serve with 100% Canadian Maple Syrup, warm berries, coconut yoghurt and a couple of slices of bacon!
Here's just another reason to get out of bed and eat great food. Happy Sunday morning!!